Let’s get started. We all say that we want good health. A happy life. A close loving family. A good income. And so much more. But did you ever think that’s all we do? We just want, we don’t do. I am guilty of this. I always wanted good health and a good life. I would talk about this with friends during happy hour eating greasy food, multiple drinks, and staying out late. Then lack of sleep, up early and off to work, feeling really bad. Oops, forgot to tell the wife I love her and forgot to pray and thank our Lord for what He has provided, and I ignore. We all do this. We want and wish but do the opposite of what needs to be done to achieve our wants, goals and needs.
Let’s face it, we are all going to die one day. But how and when we don’t know. The real question isn’t “if” but “when”. Sometimes this “when” becomes a more immediate issue. On March 29th, one of our neighbors passed away. He was told he had cancer, and 30-45 days later he passed. He was only 30 years old. Our finite lives should be a daily concern for all of us, all the time. Our lives are precious and not to be wasted. We spend too much time worrying about such trivial things and lose sight of our lives.
Being healthy and having a good life involves many things, not just good nutrition and exercise.
- Cherish your friends and family
- Soak up the beauty, music, laughter, play and love that is all around us
- Enjoy our beautiful sunrises and sunsets
- Value your life and your mission
- Be at peace with our God
Having the fear of death is not a reason to live. Loving your life is the reason to live.
Here are just a few of the factors that make for a healthy, happy life.
- Proper nutrition, eating whole foods
- Proper exercise and activities, everyday
- Sleep, 7-8 hours a night
- Giving thanks for what you do have, everyday & night (He’s always listening and watching)
- Give love and receive love, from your family, friends, everyone
- Stop the hating and judgements. You only imprison yourself. Let it go, give forgiveness and forgive yourself, He has
- Keep a clean home
- Love what you do
- Talk with your family, not at them
- Get a physical EVERY year
- And so much more.
As you can see, being healthy is not just one or two things, but treating everything in your life as if your life depends on it. Because it does. I have been guilty of many of these things. I forget to kiss my wife goodbye when I leave for work. I forget to say hi to a friend, just for no reason but to say hi. If we want a good life, we must live a good life. That means always being aware of the choices we make everyday all day.
The next little article will be about food. What is proper nutrition and what do we need. No fads, no gimmicks, just the truth. Or as best as I can share it. Remember to respond back and give your opinions, ideas and thoughts. We really don’t want this to be one sided.
Love, Blessings & health,
Charles & Kimberley